Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: BH1678
Posted: March 8, 2019
ATC Operations Expert
Oaklands Global is currently recruiting an Air Traffic Control Operations Expert on behalf of our reputable air navigation service provider based in the South East of England. This is a permanent position.
The role is to provide specialist and professional Air Traffic Control operational support to include a wide area of responsibilities
Roles and responsibilities:
• To deliver the operational support requirements of air traffic control at a major UK Airport
• Ensuring that the unit meets the compliance requirements under whose mandate the ATC service is provided
• Oversight and coordination of the resources needed for the ATC task. This particularly involves documentation in hard and soft copy
• Design and production of ATC procedures and processes required to support the operation. This includes the hazard analysis and impact assessment of changes
• In conjunction with the Head of Security, Safety & Quality (HoSSQ) set the safety policy for the unit and drive improvement in all safety matters
• As a qualified investigator manage and coordinate the investigation of incidents. Where necessary conduct major investigations and liaise with other agencies who may be involved
• Promote customer focus by liaising with the principle customers and gauging the requirements. Regularly communicate with customers on both a formal and informal basis. Monitor the professional press and internet to keep abreast of industry developments
• To collaborate with project teams within Air Traffic Control and related departments within the Airport
• Identify areas for improvement or service development within Air Traffic Control
• Monitor policies to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and local Health and Safety legislation
• Plan, implement and manage Air Traffic Control projects, monitoring the process of change, identifying and resolving problems that arise
• To manage, develop and review the departmental implementation of the company Safety Management System and Quality Management System. In addition, ensure that the implementation of Air Traffic Control procedures are compliant with the company Safety, Quality and Security Management Systems.
Key skills and experience:
• Experience in a London TMA operation is highly desirable but not essential
• Ability to deal with unpredictable workload and conflicting demands is essential
• Ability to react fast and efficiently under pressure, whilst demonstrating excellent leadership qualities
• ATC experience at a major unit would be desirable but is not essential
• Experience in coordinating work within a diverse team and across all departments, internal and external (e.g. customers, partners, service providers etc.) and strong stakeholder management capabilities.
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global has over 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Ben Herbe in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
EASA, FAA, CAA, Mechanic, Fitter, Mechanic, Cabin Mechanic, Aircraft Mechanic, Avionics, Sheet Metal Worker, Engineer, B1, NDT, Sheet Metal, B1, B2, B1.3, Rotary, Helicopter, Management, Captain, First Officer, Flight Attendant, Cabin Crew, Quality, Safety, Airworthiness, Technical, Composite, Technician, Avionic, Aircraft Technician, Stores, Operations, Aircraft Fitter, Flight Dispatcher, Maintenance, Painter, Aircraft Engineer, Instructor, Logistics, Camo, Fitters, Cabin Mechanic, MD, CEO, CFO, COO, Director, Manager, FBO, MRO, OEM.