Job Type: Permanent
Category: Quality & Safety
Job Reference: CD1639
Posted: January 15, 2019
Oakland Global is working with a leading Aerospace/Rotary Client who are currently looking to recruit an Airworthiness Engineer on a permanent basis in Southern UK.
• Ensure that approved and up to date maintenance data is available.
• Provide comprehensive assessment all Airworthiness Directives, Service Bulletins and all other technical documentation.
• Produce work instructions to accomplish the recommended courses of action for the technical documents assessed.
• Assist with fleet reliability programmes and where necessary produce work instructions to support troubleshooting activities or to resolve long term reliability issues.
• Work with the Operator (AOC holder), Maintenance Organisations, Logistics department to ensure that good communication is developed and maintained in order to ensure aircraft are available to meet contractual requirements
• Establish and develop working relationships with system and equipment manufacturers to ensure continued airworthiness and to improve aircraft availability and system reliability.
• Compilation, development and optimisation of Maintenance Programmes as required
• Liaison between all maintenance bases and the OEMs about any technical matters that arise providing specialist technical advice for resolution of complex and/or unusual aircraft technical problems and repairs.
• Provides Airworthiness support for special projects, upgrades and modifications of aircraft.
• Liaison with the OEM’s to provide specialist technical advice for resolution of complex and/or unusual aircraft technical problems and repairs.
• Provides Airworthiness support to help reduce repair and maintenance costs.
• Assisting with safety and technical investigations and compiling technical reports, fleet campaign directives and local maintenance instructions
• Supporting the issue of Airworthiness Review Certificates (ARC) as required.
• Oversight of structural repair activities
• As required, support Engine Trend Monitoring programmes required by the Company, OEM or contract.
• Providing asset maintenance work scopes for in-house and 3rd party organisation as required
• Manage quality audit findings, as delegated, and ensure their timely closure.
• Assisting Technical Records with queries and guidance on airworthiness requirements
• Responsible for the quality and effectiveness of the maintenance system consisting of the maintenance and reliability programs for aircraft, engines and components
• Monitoring high component removal rate and initiate follow up action to improve component and system reliability.
• Preparation of cost benefit studies on non-mandatory service bulletins for incorporation on approval of management.
• Adherence to Company policies and procedures.
• Accept duties, responsibilities and accountabilities as reasonable directed by line management
• Hold Safety as a core value and contribute to the achievement of a Zero Harm and an incident / injury free environment through active participation in all safety programs relevant to the position.
Candidate experience & Qualifications:
• Extensive experience in the Airworthiness environment working in areas such as airworthiness directive and service bulletins analysis, planning, modifications, defects, records, maintenance program within a CAMO.
• Experience within an aircraft maintenance environment and knowledge of rotorcraft.
• Use of Technical Records, Planning and Maintenance related Software Applications.
• Operations under an Air Operators Certificate (AOC)
• Aircraft Continuing Airworthiness activities
• Aircraft Maintenance Programs
• Defect Monitoring and Reliability Programs
• Quality & Safety Systems
• A comprehensive knowledge of UK and European Aviation EASA Part 145 and Part M regulations.
• A working knowledge of USA Federal Aviation Regulations and Military Aviation Regulation#
• Eligible to hold (or be trained to) EASA Form 4 approval by an EASA Competent authority for Airworthiness Review Certificate issue & renewal.
• 5 GCSE, (O Levels) Grade C or above, or BTEC equivalent or aviation apprenticeship.
• An appropriate Part 66 license or an aeronautical engineering degree (or equivalent) or formal aeronautical maintenance training on Airframe, Power plant or Avionics.
• Training by a recognised provider in EASA Part M and Part 145 regulation application
• General familiarization maintenance training course on any of the following type Airbus AS365, AW139. Preferred
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global has over 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Callum Devaney in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
EASA, FAA, CAA, Mechanic, Fitter, Mechanic, Cabin Mechanic, Aircraft Mechanic, Avionics, Sheet Metal Worker, Engineer, B1, NDT, Sheet metal, B1, B2, B1.3, Rotary, Helicopter, Management, Captain, First Officer, Flight Attendant, Cabin Crew, Quality, Safety, Airworthiness, Technical, Composite, Technician, Avionic, Aircraft Technician, Stores, Operations, Aircraft Fitter, Flight Dispatcher, Maintenance, Painter, Aircraft Engineer, Instructor, Logistics, Camo, Fitters, Cabin Mechanic, MD, CEO, CFO, COO, Director, Manager, FBO, MRO, OEM.