Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: BH1680
Posted: March 8, 2019
Airspace Change Lead
Oaklands Global is currently recruiting an Airspace Change Lead on behalf of our reputable air navigation service provider based in the South East of England. This is a permanent position.
The role is to lead and coordinate all airspace and procedure design, development and implementation activities for our client and their customers. Providing relevant experience and expertise, progressing all airspace and procedure design activities including participation in and contribution to relevant forums, standardisation activities and stakeholder engagements.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Management and coordination of all airspace and procedure related projects and activities within the company and between the company’s customers and partners
• Representing the company in industry forums, standardisation activities and other relevant engagement activities, such as FASIIG, airspace consultations etc
• Providing expertise to and steering on behalf of the company’s airspace and procedure related activities of customers and partners, such as input and consultation on LAMP2, SID review and truncation activities, withdrawal of conventional navigation aids and respective flight procedures etc
• Manage, coordinate and ensure the timely execution of work related to the review and design of new Flight Procedures, Airspace Change Proposals, as well as the optimised utilisation of current procedures and airspace. This includes identification of required activities in the company in reaction to any external activities affecting the company
• Efficiently coordinating and managing resources and expertise within the company, as well as those made available to the company for the respective tasks
• Management of all stakeholders relevant to any internal and external airspace related activities, including but not limited to the CAA, our customers, Airlines, community representatives and internal stakeholders
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with project team, co-workers, supervisors, the customer and external contacts while balancing a day-to-day workload with the requirements of the projects
• Highlight future project opportunities that help deliver the Company’s strategic aims, improve processes, and/or improve service to clients.
Key skills and experience:
• Thorough knowledge of the UK Airspace structure and applicable airspace design principles, standards and regulations, as well as airspace change and consultation process according to UK and European regulations.
• Experience in the development and design of Instrument Flight Procedures and knowledge of relevant standards and regulations
• A good understanding of the operational use of airspace and flight procedures and their impact on performance and efficiency of air traffic. Knowledge and understanding of all relevant stakeholders
• Experience in coordinating work within a diverse team and across all departments, internal and external (e.g. customers, partners, service providers etc.) and strong stakeholder management capabilities.
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global has over 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Ben Herbe in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
EASA, FAA, CAA, Mechanic, Fitter, Mechanic, Cabin Mechanic, Aircraft Mechanic, Avionics, Sheet Metal Worker, Engineer, B1, NDT, Sheet Metal, B1, B2, B1.3, Rotary, Helicopter, Management, Captain, First Officer, Flight Attendant, Cabin Crew, Quality, Safety, Airworthiness, Technical, Composite, Technician, Avionic, Aircraft Technician, Stores, Operations, Aircraft Fitter, Flight Dispatcher, Maintenance, Painter, Aircraft Engineer, Instructor, Logistics, Camo, Fitters, Cabin Mechanic, MD, CEO, CFO, COO, Director, Manager, FBO, MRO, OEM.