Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £40,400 per annum (starting salary)
Category: IT and Communications, Licensed Engineers & Mechanics
Job Reference: BH1622
Posted: January 9, 2019
Oaklands Global is currently recruiting an Air Traffic Engineer on behalf of our reputable air navigation service provider based in the South East of England. This is a permanent position
Roles and responsibilities:
• To provide Level 1 and Level 2 maintenance of a suite of air traffic service equipment in accordance with CAP 670
• Conduct performance checks, maintenance activities on the ATS/CNS equipment, including on-line and offline reconfigurations and the associated withdrawal and introductions to service of equipment
• Co-ordinate tactically with the ATC WM concerning the withdrawal of ATC equipment to ensure continued effectiveness and safety of the ATC services
• Where so qualified, restore operational equipment to service as soon as practicable and informing the ATC WM
• Monitor the status of operational safety related equipment in order to detect any potential degradation of normal operation, notifying the ATC WM as soon as practicable of any potential degradation to normal operation
• Maintain technical records to the standards required by the airport, CAA and other pertinent authorities
• Maintain the Air Traffic Engineering Watch Log and associated registers
• Monitor technical stores, spares and tools and test equipment informing the SATE of issues in a timely manner
• Analyse system performance and events in support of SATE and GM responsibilities, e.g. system lifecycle analysis, 3rd party performance etc
• Participating in unit hazard identification and risk assessment activities
• Provide input to engineering related safety investigations
• Comply with all applicable international, European and UK CAA Regulatory Requirements, including those related to Safety Management Systems.
Key skills and experience:
• Recognised qualification in an electronics-based subject to Level 3 (e.g. BTEC National Certificate, AS/S Level or National Equivalent) Alternatively, the post-holder may have undertaken recognized structured electronic engineering training and have extensive electronic engineering experience
• CAA Personal Technical Certificates with Group Ratings for Communication, Navigation, Surveillance and ATM Systems
• Electronic Engineering experience in an air traffic control environment
Why work with Oaklands Global
Oaklands Global has over 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Ben Herbe in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.