Air Traffic Engineer
Oaklands Global is currently recruiting an Air Traffic Engineer on behalf of one of our leading aviation clients based in the South East.
Working as part of a small team the successful candidate will be responsible for planned and reactive maintenance on the Air Traffic Management Systems, training will be provided where necessary, but it is essential that the successful candidate is willing to support additional areas of the business including IT and other operational systems within the terminal. Due to the nature of the role, and the operation they support; the successful candidate must be willing to support flexible working hours to cover shift patterns, on call and callout.
- Ensure that All planned and reactive work on ATS/CNS equipment is completed within the scope/limitations of their ATSEP Authorisation, this requirement is only levied if they are under direct supervision from a suitably qualified/authorised engineer or have undergone specific training and have the necessary experience to deal with a specific task.
- Ensure that ATS/CNS equipment is serviced and maintained in accordance with (UK) EU373/CAP670 and/or manufacturers recommendations
- Ensure that scheduled tasks are completed and correctly signed off on the Asset Management System within the designated time frame. Faults/out of tolerances identified during routine maintenance must be recorded and concessions submitted if applicable.
- Ensure all work is completed in accordance with local health, safety and environmental policies and procedures
- Ensure all work is completed in accordance with local and national legislation such as the Health and Safety at Work Act, Electricity at Work Regulations, COSHH, and PPE
- Ensure appropriate tools and test equipment are available for scheduled servicing, any deficiencies are to be reported so corrective action can be taken
- Ensure equipment failures are recorded correctly and assessed against relevant safety performance indicators
- Support scheduled and reactive maintenance on other systems that support the operation.
- Ensuring all records, files and safety documentation are kept up to date,
- Ensure that all accidents, incidents and/or near misses are reported in accordance with airport procedure.
- Work with Business Development Teams to integrate new assets and equipment, providing necessary advice and assurances for best fit option.
- Take full ownership of operational issues when they occur, ensuring they are actioned appropriately and are handed back in a timely and safe manner, advising Technical Services Manager and Terminal Operational Teams when appropriate.
- Support the general Airport operation by recognising the need to undertake front line duty role where traffic flow or adverse conditions demands
Qualifications & Experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ Air Traffic Engineering experience
- Previously held a UK PTC Academic Qualifications
- Minimum of level 3 in communication/electronic engineering or comparable/allied discipline.
- Ideally held at PTC Group Ratings for the following ILS, DME, NDB, PSR, SSR, Radar Displays, RT Comms Air/Ground, RT Comms Ground/Ground, Recorder Systems R/T, Recorders Systems, IRVR, CCTV, General Data Processing
- Ideally held at PTC Group Ratings at a minimum level 1 for 75% of the following equipment Leonardo ATCR-33SE Radar, Chelton (Cobham) RDS1600, Normarc 7000 ILS, Fernau 2020 DME, Nautel NDB VR125, Frequentis 3020 VCCS, Frequentis RESQ (Emg VCCS), Jotron VHF Tx Rx, UHF Tx/Rx, Ricochet Recorder, Telvent IRVR
Why Work With Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global has 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Callum Devaney in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.