Job Type: Permanent
Category: Management Jobs
Job Reference: CD1514
Posted: October 3, 2018
Oaklands Global is currently looking to recruit an experienced Technical Director to join a reputable rotary client on a permanent basis based in Africa.
• Provide compliant engineers & airworthy aircraft to every single BU and to deliver world-class professional engineering operations.
• Develop and retain a high-performance team by attracting, engaging and rewarding top talent.
Health & Safety;
• Focus on Safety and quality, identifying areas for improvement and recognizing good behavior.
• Using the company systems to communicate areas for improvement
• To actively lead the Technical Services and Maintenance organization to ensure that the combined resources deliver a seamless flow of work throughout the operating day.
• To act as mentor and coach where applicable to develop high performing teams.
• To formally communicate items of interest in particular but not limited to, Health and Safety events or incidents, performance internally and also externally with operations.
• Responsible for local liaison as applicable with the customers or their representatives and the regulator as required and will represent the Technical function as required with the OEM’s and other trade Organizations.
• Through outstanding Leadership, you will oversee the Engineering and Maintenance function and drive operational performance to deliver the highest levels of aircraft / helicopter availability to meet the needs of the customer.
• As part of the executive team you will be required to respond to an ever-changing customer / commercial environment whilst supporting the needs of the commercial function
• Providing highest levels of service recovery when necessary.
• Support the commercial team during customer meetings / performance reviews as required.
• Take full responsibility for the associated costs and revenues generated by the Technical Services department
• Demonstrate the highest levels of financial control including any delegated authority within the department.
Bachelor / Technical apprenticeship or similar
Management / Leadership formal training
Part 145/Part M or Accountable manager training would be desirable
Between 5 to 8 years’ experience in large maintenance organization
Been a maintenance manager within the rotary sector
EASA B1.3 or B2 license desirable (Rotary Types)
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global is a supplier of choice for leading Aviation & Aerospace Companies worldwide. We understand what our Client’s need and equally as importantly what they don’t need. The same goes for our Candidates. Oaklands Global has over 25 years supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please forward your CV to Callum Devaney.
Please note that due to high numbers of applications, unless you are contact within 7 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Share this job