Weapons Control Systems Technician (RADAR)
** Weapons Control Systems Technician (Radar) Required! **
Are you a highly motivated team player? Do you want to work for one of the worlds’ leading Aerospace and Defence companies and have proven extensive experience on the Tornado GR4?
If so this position as a Weapons Control Systems Technician (Radar) could be perfect for you! Send your CV in today to potentially secure a new exciting job opportunity with our client, who is offering a competitive tax-free salary!
** This role is based in the Middle East **
As the Weapons Control Systems Technician, your responsibilities will include:
- Analyse performance and isolate malfunctions of subsystems such as pulsed, Doppler and pulsed Doppler radar system; electro optical and infrared sighting and sensor systems; armament control systems; munitions release and launching systems; and analogue and digital computer systems, by tracing schematic, logic and wiring diagrams and using appropriate built-in tests; applicable electronic measuring equipment, such as oscilloscopes, digital voltmeters signal generators and power meters; recording and reproducing equipment; applicable support equipment, including automated programmed/manual testers; and general purpose and special hand tools.
- Determines scope of repair or adjustment required to correct faulty operation and monitors equipment performance to detect recurring malfunctions.
REMOVES, REPAIRS, INSTALLS, ALIGNS, HARMONIZES, BORESIGHTS, MODIFIES AND CONDUCTS CHECKOUT OF WEAPON CONTROL SYSTEMS:
- Removes faulty line replaceable units.
- Checks line replaceable unit operation to determine scope of repair required.
- Disassembles unserviceable units down to the smallest bit, piece or module authorized, using necessary instruments, gauges and special tools.
- Repairs oscillators, amplifiers, wave shaping and logic circuits, microwave equipment, servo-mechanisms and electro-optical assemblies by replacing solid state devices, vacuum tubes, micro miniaturized modules, gyros, motors, tachometers, infrared sensing devices and similar components.
- Assembles units after repair, performs alignment and makes final shop check.
- Installs serviceable line replaceable unit into aircraft and performs system alignment and harmonization.
- Boresights weapon control systems.
- Maintains and services system pressurization, cooling, closed cycle cryogenic and dehydrating units.
- Modifies system line replaceable units according to applicable technical publications.
INSPECTS WEAPON CONTROL SYSTEMS:
- Inspects weapon control systems to determine operational status.
- Interprets inspection findings and determines adequacy of corrective action.
- Reviews maintenance management publications to obtain information applicable to weapon control systems and associated equipment.
- Evaluates justification and practicability of proposed modifications.
SUPERVISES WEAPON CONTROL SYSTEMS PERSONNEL:
- Plans and schedules work assignments.
- Establishes work methods, production controls and performance standards.
- Completes maintenance management and personnel reports and forms.
- Ensures availability of required maintenance equipment, tools and spare parts.
- Assigns operation and maintenance functions to subordinates and establishes priorities for work accomplishment.
- Evaluates performance of weapon control systems personnel in terms of compliance with operations policies, preventive maintenance directives and technical publications.
- Conducts on-the-job training.
** TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE ROLE YOU MUST HAVE EXTENSIVE PROVEN EXPERIENCE WORKING ON THE TORNADO GR4 **
For more information on this excellent opportunity, please get in touch with your most recent CV copy today!
Oaklands Global Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.