Location: South East or South Wales
Job Type: Permanent
Managing Consultant: James Townsend
Oaklands Global are currently working with a leading Aerospace company within the recruitment of a Quality Manager to join and exciting and growing Aerospace company based in the South East of the UK
The main responsibilities of the Quality Manager are to be responsible for ensuring personnel are appropriately trained and are current in line with regulatory standards, responsible for ensuring customer complaints are effectively dealt with and the company audit schedule is up to date.
The Quality Manager position will also involve travel and works directly with customers and regulatory authorities including liaison with external agencies providing a knowledgeable and professional approach to maintain key relationships and standards.
Additional duties and responsibilities are to;
· Advise and support senior management to ensure the Quality Management System is in line with customer expectations and applicable regulatory standards.
· Compile and maintain the Quality Management System (QMS).
· Determine, negotiate and agree in-house Quality procedures, standards and specifications.
· Monitoring company compliance during internal and external audits.
· Carry out internal and external audits ensuring company, customer and regulatory requirements are met.
· Ensure that regulatory, customer and quality approvals are complied with.
· Determining training needs for continued regulatory approval.
· Monitoring process performance against established KPI’s.
· Issuing Company Certifying Authorisations to certifying staff & ensuring they are up to date.
· Ensuring that customer complaints are effectively investigated and managed and that all corrective actions are recorded utilising root cause analysis.
· Unless previously reported, the Quality Manager is responsible for reporting to the manufacturer and to the CAA any condition of the aircraft, engine or component, which could pose a hazard to safety.
· Ensure all related Quality information is effectively communicated throughout the organisation.
· Establish and maintain regular Quality Management Review meetings ensuring the meeting is structured and minutes recorded.
The ideal candidate will have;
· Relevant industry experience in a Quality Engineers role.
· Knowledge of ISO9001 and AS9100 standards
· Internal Auditing qualification and experience.
· Root cause analysis and corrective action.
· IT literate – Effective use of Microsoft Office software including VISIOjt
Oaklands Global is a supplier of choice for leading Aviation & Aerospace Companies worldwide. We understand what our Client’s need and equally as importantly what they don’t need. The same goes for our Candidates. Oaklands Global has over 25 years supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you please forward your CV to James Townsend in confidence.
Please note that due to high numbers of applications, unless you are contact within 7 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Any Applicant must have the right to work and live in the EU
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.