Project Manager – Powerplant Acquisitions
Job Type: Permanent
Managing Consultant: Callum Devaney
** Project Manager – Powerplant Acquisitions **
Oaklands Global has been commissioned by a leading aerospace client to identify and recruit an experienced Project Manager within Powerplant Acquisitions on a permanent basis.
Package: DoE + Benefits
- Responsible for the pre-purchase inspection and review of used engines
- Ensure they meet the required standards of documentation, build and performance to allow integration into the Company fleet.
- Travel to the location of the engine and/or the records to manage the acquisition.
- Manage the technical component of used engine acquisition projects.
- Review engine technical documentation and records to determine if acceptable to pursue as potential purchase candidates.
- Build technical records packages and engine data in the company software systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
Candidate qualifications / experience required:
- Mandatory 15 years’ experience in the field of large commercial aero engine maintenance and engineering.
- Strong background in engine records to include Airworthiness Limitations, Airworthiness Directives and maintenance & inspection programs in addition to significant knowledge of aero engine performance, reliability and build standard.
- Experience with a minimum of three of the following engine models: CF34, CFM56, CF6-80, PW4000 and V2500.
- Knowledge of FAA and EASA Aviation Regulations required.
- EASA Part 66 or equivalent certificate or license.
- Managerial, organizational and planning skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with contractors and customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Nuance required.
- Able to travel on short notice.
- Knowledge of foreign languages a plus.
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global is a supplier of choice for leading Aviation & Aerospace Companies worldwide. We understand what our Client’s need and equally as importantly what they don’t need. The same goes for our Candidates. Oaklands Global has over 25 years supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please forward your CV to Callum Devaney in confidence. You must hold the right to live and work in the UK.
Please note that due to high numbers of applications, unless you are contacted within 7 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.