Lead Software Engineer
Location: London, Other areas Considered
Job Type: Permanent
Managing Consultant: Callum Devaney
** Lead Software Engineer **
Oaklands Global has been commissioned by a leading aerospace client to identify and recruit an experienced lead software engineer on a permanent basis.
Location: Hounslow, Other locations considered
Package: Salary DoE / 25 days holiday + statutory holidays / Contributory Pension Scheme / Life Assurance / Flexible Benefits / Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Design and develop product functionality, user interfaces and performance improvements
- Key contributor & independent reviewer at gate & design reviews
- Act as Subject Matter Expert as part of a 4th tier resolver group to analyse and resolve system defects
- Liaise with 1st to 3rd line, transition and design as required;
- validating and verifying the design artefacts from internal teams or subcontractors
- Provide input to configuration, safety and quality management as appropriate;
- Document design and advise on product support material;
- Investigate product issues and develop solutions to customer problems;
- Develop test plans and methodologies to ensure product meets quality standards;
- Assist in updating software design artefacts;
- Interfacing with COTS vendors for technical support;
- Provide technical support (e.g. Requirements Analysis and System Design) to programmes delivering new capability into operations;
- Validating design documentation from subcontractor teams;
Candidate qualifications / experience required:
- Good experience and understanding of software and systems engineering principles and lifecycle
- Expertise in J2EE development – specifically with web application development
- Oracle 10g/11g: experience of programming in PL/SQL and Java;
- Able to carry out duties with minimal supervision;
- Skilled in problem analysis and resolution in a secure environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Willing and able to obtain a UK security clearance;
- Experience of large complex secure systems;
- Demonstrable experience in software architecture and design
- Experience of designing, implementing and using secure Web services;
- Demonstrate high competency in use of software patterns.
- Windows system administration experience
- Programming for GIS applications;
- Experience developing with JavaServer Faces;
- WebSphere Portal / App Server experience;
- Knowledge of the integration of computer hardware including networking in a secure environment;
- Experience of the installation and configuration of Windows server software and Windows workstations;
- Knowledge of using Active Directory and Group Policy Objects to enforce security requirements;
- Experience in integration test and requirements verification;
- Experience of integrating engineering components from a subcontractor;
- Knowledge/experience of GIS and image processing application software;
- Knowledge of using Microsoft Security Compliance Manager 2.5 and GAP;
- Experience with business process management software (Fujitsu IBPM);
- You must be willing and able to obtain DV clearance.
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global is a supplier of choice for leading Aviation & Aerospace Companies worldwide. We understand what our Client’s need and equally as importantly what they don’t need. The same goes for our Candidates. Oaklands Global has over 25 years supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please forward your CV to Callum Devaney in confidence. You must hold the right to live and work in the UK.
Please note that due to high numbers of applications, unless you are contacted within 7 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.