Development Engineering Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Managing Consultant: Callum Devaney
** Development Engineering Manager **
Oaklands Global are currently looking to recruit a Development Engineering Manager to join a reputable aerospace client based in Dorset
As the successful candidate, you will be responsible to the Head of Business Development and Technology for the provision of design, development, support and technical management of special role equipment, systems and capabilities, fielded and maintained by the business.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Safety first. Operate at Special Mission in accordance with the SHE standards.
- Apply countermeasures identified in applicable risk assessment to appointed operations/tasks.
- The Safety, Quality and Design Compliance of all activities within the Development Engineering team.
- Understand key objectives and manage the performance of all key Mission System activities.
- Institute a continuous improvement culture, practice and process across the Development Engineering team.
- Preparation of Development Engineering team’s annual budgets, quarterly forecasts.
- Lead engineering excellence
- Advise and propose mission system product roadmaps, technical roadmaps and engineering strategy.
- Responsible for developing current and future engineering competence and managing the allocated training budget to ensure the relevant levels of competence are achieved.
- Implement the technology investment plan to deliver technology, product and service roadmaps.
- Support the BD and Program Management teams in bid activities and lead the development of compelling and technically differentiated technical proposals
- Any other duties that are reasonably requested by management within the capability of the incumbent
To be considered for the role:
- Proven track record and significant experience at technical management level of radar, electronic warfare, surveillance and communications systems
- Extensive experience of regulatory requirements and procedures related to airborne systems is desirable
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Engineering Design Reviews.
- Proven ability to work and deliver, to time pressure and deadlines
- Demonstrated performance in team building, fostering organisational culture and delivering continuous improvement
- Excellent organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
- The demonstrated ability to motivate people and influence change in line with company organisational values
- Sound understanding of budgetary, accounting and financial tools and processes.
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global is a supplier of choice for leading Aviation & Aerospace Companies worldwide. We understand what our Client’s need and equally as importantly what they don’t need. The same goes for our Candidates. Oaklands Global has over 25 years supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you please forward your CV to Callum Devaney in confidence
Please note that due to high numbers of applications, unless you are contact within 7 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered for this position.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.