Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000
Oaklands Global have been appointed by a well-known Business Aviation Company to recruit a Chief Engineer to be based at their Scotland maintenance facility.
As Chief Engineer, you will be responsible for the shop floor supervision of work in progress, as well as being an active member of the engineering team in the completion of aircraft maintenance. Being the hanger floor staff’s first point of contact for enquiries relating to work in progress. In addition, the Chief Engineer deputizes for the Base Maintenance Manager in their absence.
Chief Engineer Essential Requirements:
- B1 licensed engineer with type rating on the Beechcraft KA200 and/or KA300 series.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to motivate others in reaching the highest levels of service and quality.
- A good working knowledge of company processes, procedures and expositions/manuals relevant to the completion of maintenance and commercial control.
- A working knowledge of EASA part 145 and its application in the workplace.
- Chief Engineer Responsibilities:
- In addition to the role of Chief Engineer, is an active member of the engineering team in carrying out licensed/unlicensed engineer revenue activity.
- Making regular contact with the BMM to update on progress and issues such that the BMM is fully aware of the status of work in progress.
- Ensuring that the utilization of available employee resources is effective in meeting the work schedule.
- Actively reviews timekeeping, absences and receipt of holiday requests elevating contentious issues when necessary.
- Coordinating the “through put” of work operations on the hangar floor.
- Promote, educate and intervene where necessary in the application of company regulatory, commercial and safety processes and procedures for the completion of current work.
- Promote reduction of audit findings by raising awareness of standards and where audit findings exist to assist the BMM in their closure and future prevention.
- Be an active member of the planning and scheduling team for current and future work
- Be familiar with the responsibilities and role of BMM enabling cover for the role when required during BMM absences.
- Monitoring the performance of engineers in consultation with the BMM in so much that future difficulties and problem areas can be recognized and corrective action taken.
- Monitoring of engineering staff timekeeping.
- Maintain discipline within their area of responsibility and in liaison with the BMM make recommendations for increase / decrease of resources as required.
Company Benefits include:
- Private Healthcare
- Smart Pension
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Travel Insurance.
- Annual leave is 28 days annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays.
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global is a supplier of choice for leading Aviation & Aerospace Companies worldwide. We understand what our Client’s need and equally as importantly what they don’t need. The same goes for our Candidates. Oaklands Global has over 25 years supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality. If the above opportunity is of interest to you please forward your CV to William Finden in confidence.
Please note that due to high numbers of applications, unless you are contact within 7 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Only People authorised to live and work in the United Kingdom will be considered for this role.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.