Air Traffic Control Officer
Location: Greater London, UK
Job Type: Permanent
Managing Consultant: William Finden
Salary: Very Competitive
Are you an experienced Air Traffic Control Officer? Do you hold a valid CAA ADI rating? Are you already living within a commutable distance Kent or willing to relocate for the right job? If the answer’s yes then please read on…
Oaklands Global is looking to recruit an experienced Air Traffic Control Officer on behalf of our expanding Airport Client, on a permanent basis in the Greater-London area.
WHAT IS THE JOB LIKE?
Working shifts, you will ensure the safe, orderly and expeditious flow of air traffic, both on the ground and flying in the area of the airport.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- The ability to attain the required competence level in both ADI and APP functions
- The ability to retain and employ the local theoretical knowledge
- To meet the requirements of the Airports ATC Unit Training Plan under guidance from a local instructor
- To work in compliance with the company Safety Policy and Safety Management System when required
Planning and Organising
Able to plan and predict complex three dimensional traffic scenarios.
Analysing and Interpreting
Able to analyse any controlling actions taken for effectiveness and safety.
Adapting and Coping
Able to adapt plans and decisions quickly and safely.
Interacting and Presenting
Communication skills, communicates and networks effectively. Good presentation, facilitation and negotiation skills.
Leading and Managing
Takes responsibility for tactical decisions made, works under own direction, makes tough choices, provides others with clear direction, engages, motivates and empowers.
Creativity and Ongoing Learning
Provides management with new ideas, range of solutions to problems, sets and develops strategies, learns from success and failure, presents compelling vision for the future.
Supporting and Co-operating
Team work – works well with colleagues, helps other people out, consults others and listens to other people’s point of view.
Places customer needs at the heart of what they do (internal and external customers) within the boundaries of providing a safe service.
Develops and Grows the Business
Continually looking for ways to maximise both current and future profitability.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Full UK driving licence
- Valid CAA Licence with ADI and APP ratings (those without an APP rating may be considered)
- Certificate of Competence from a previous unit
- Valid CAA Medical certificate
- PC literate
- For the duration of employment, it will be necessary to have a current clean Criminal Record Check
- Five year work/academic history check
- A Meteorological Observer’s Certificate
- OJTI experience
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Salary according to experience/completion of local competency training
- Annual leave: up to 25 days per annum + 8 public holidays
- Contributory Stakeholder Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Permanent Health Insurance
For further information on this exciting opportunity please apply today.
Oaklands Global Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.